Friday, August 13, 2010

Late notice: Excellent Music at Skull Alley this Saturday (Aug 14)

Back from Cuernavaca, kids!  And while this heat... the less said about it the better, actually... it's always nice to be home.  One of the reasons it's nice to be home is that I just love doing stuff in my city.  Tonight, weather permitting, we're hitting Late Seating on the roof of Actors Theatre.  Saturday and Sunday, we'll be going to see our #1 Louisville Bats beat (hopefully) their biggest competition Columbus Clippers.

That being said, I might nick out of the Bats game a little early on Saturday to catch Cheyenne Marie Mize and Thomas A. Minor & the Picket Line at Skull Alley.  The Spinning Leaves are also playing, but I don't know anything about them.

Thomas A. Minor & the Picket Line rocked my world at last year's NuluFestival.  And Cheyenne Marie Mize is a local with a gorgeous voice who's been a member of or played with Arnett  Hollow, the Carter Family, Bonny Prince Billy, and Ben Sollee.  I've been wanting to check out Skull Alley for a long time.  I'm a little iffy about the "All ages" thing, but you shouldn't be.


Saturday, August 14th
w/ Thomas A. Minor & The Picket Line and The Spinning Leaves
Skull Alley
1017 East Broadway
Louisville KY
$5 / All Ages
8pm

No comments: