Friday, August 19, 2011

Another Earth: Opens in Louisville Tomorrow

A couple of months ago, thanks to the Louisville Flyover Film Festival, I was lucky to get a very early viewing of the best film I've seen all year.  Maybe one of the best films I've seen in a couple of years.

Another Earth stars Loueyvillager (and yes, Lou's celebrity-crush) William Mapother and the astonishingly inspiring Brit Marling, who also co-wrote the film.

I haven't been able to stop talking about this film since June. And tomorrow, the film opens at Baxter Avenue Theater, with Mapother participating in a Q&A after the 7:40pm shows on Friday and Saturday.

If you haven't seen Another Earth, go.  Read my response to my June viewing here.  If anything, my feelings about the film grew bigger and more complex and more adoring in the months following my viewing.

While Mapother was fantastic, Marling was a revelation.  And so help me, if the Oscars folks don't nominate her for best actress, it will verify that this shizz is rigged.

(Note: I guess I don't really believe that the "shizz" is rigged.)

Go see the film.  Go when Mapother is there and get your Q's A'ed.  Give him a big hug from me.

Seriously.  Another Earth IS the best film of the year (and you know I've seen a lot of films this year).

No comments: